You can add OpenWeb's products to your WordPress site with the Spot.IM Comments plugin.
Use the following steps to add OpenWeb to your posts, pages, and media items.
- From your WordPress dashboard, click Plugins > Add New. Be sure that you are logged in as an administrator.
- In the Search plugins... search field, enter Spot.IM Comments. The Spot.IM Comments plugin tile appears in the Search Results tab. If you do not see the plugin listed, you may be using an outdated or incompatible version of WordPress.
- On the Spot.IM Comments tile, click Install Now.
- After the installation completes, click Activate.
- From the WordPress navigation, click Spot.IM.
- On the General tab of the Spot.IM Settings page, enter your Spot ID.
- Click Save Changes.
For each post, page, and media item, Spot.IM Comments is enabled.
If you do not see the Spot.IM Comments on the preview or published version of a post, page, or media item, follow these steps:
- Within the post, page, or media item, click on the Document tab.
- Expand the Discussion section.
- Click the Allow comments checkbox.
By default, the Spot.IM Comments appears below the main content of your post or page. Use the following steps to customize the location of the Spot.IM Comments.
You can also add a Conversation to a page without the Spot.IM Comments plugin.
- From your WordPress dashboard, click Spot.IM.
- On the Advanced tab, select a Comments Embed Method. Each method is explained in the following table.
|Comments embed method||Description|
|Replace WordPress Comments||Spot.IM Comments appears in the location where the WordPress comments widget typically appears.|
|Insert After the Content||Spot.IM Comments appears below the main content of the post or page|
|Let the theme decide||Spot.IM Comments appears in a location that you specify.|
When choosing this option, follow these additional steps:
1. From the side navigation, click Appearance > Theme Editor. If a WordPress popup window appears, read the content and click I understand.
2. From the Select theme to edit drop-down menu, select the theme to edit.
3. In the Theme Files menu, click Single Post (single.php) (for posts) or Single Page (page.php) (for pages).
data-article-tags to classify an article by topic. Spot.IM Comments creates the
data-article-tags topics based on the WordPress tags you associate to a post.
- From the side navigation, click Posts > All Posts.
- Hover over the title of a post and click Quick Edit.
- In the Tags text box, enter one or more tags.
- Click Update.
- Within the post, click on the Document tab.
- Expand the Tags section.
- In the Add New Tag text box, enter one or more tags.
Updated about a year ago